Hi, this is my Dehumidifier Reviews blog. Please try to visit my new blog about the latest 2013 best dehumidifier. I’m Nadia. Whether you are looking for a good dehumidifier to take away the musty smell, growing mold or just to prevent sweating a lot in the summer time, I have a few of the best dehumidifiers to recommend here.
Dehumidifier Reviews to Help You Choose
Before reading the dehumidifier reviews, there might be a few things you need to know first, so that you don’t go around reading hundreds of reviews without having an idea what you are really looking for.
- First thing is the size of the area you want to dehumidify. If you want to remove the excess moisture from a large bedroom, it wouldn’t do to have a small dehumidifier that will probably take weeks to do the job. On the other hand, you don’t want to spend an extra $100 to get a large capacity dehumidifier for a small room.
- If the basement is the place you intend to dry up, you need to check the temperature. For dehumidifying a basement with a temperature lower than 60 degrees F, you will need a dehumidifier with auto defrost or anti frost feature.
- Noise may be a problem if you want to run the dehumidifier in the bedroom at night. Look for a quiet dehumidifier if this is your purpose.
- Get an Energy Star rated dehumidifier to lower the electricity costs. Being energy efficient could mean a 10% to 30% cut in the bills, and it’s friendlier to the environment as well.
- If you want to drain the collected water continuously instead of emptying the bucket when it’s full, think about how you want to set up the hose. If the hose needs to go upward for the output, you will need a dehumidifier that has a pump.
Best Dehumidifier Reviews
Okay, now you are ready to find out which the best dehumidifier for you is. I have some dehumidifiers reviews here and will add more to this blog over time.
Best Basement Dehumidifier – DeLonghi DD50P
Most people I know have bought a dehumidifier actually bought it for the basement. So after researching high and low, here is the best basement dehumidifier! The DeLonghi DD50P can remove 50 pints of water from a medium to large area, until the specified humidity is reached.
The anti frost and low temperature operation keeps it going and the pump gives you flexibility in placing the dehumidifier.
Read my dehumidifier review for this model – DeLonghi DD50P
Best Mini Dehumidifier – Eva-dry EDV-1100
Bathroom lacks ventilation? Got a musty closet? This little dehumidifier will rectify the problem. With a 16 oz container and a long cord, simply let this unit run in the small space whenever you felt it wasn’t drying fast enough. It will prevent mold from growing on the walls and the clothes, and it’s really affordable.
Find more dehumidifier reviews for this model here – Eva-dry EDV-1100
Best Small Dehumidifier – Soleus Air DP1-30-03
For the small to medium size bedroom, try this dehumidifier. It is efficient in lowering the humidity; you can see that from the large amounts of water it collects in short time! Besides that, Soleus Air dehumidifiers are known for being quiet when running and this model is no exception.
Click here to see what others say about this dehumidifier – Soleus Air DP1-30-03
Best Large Dehumidifier – Sunpentown SD-65E
For a larger bedroom or area, get this highly rated dehumidifier. Many users love this Sunpentown dehumidifier and left glowing reviews with good words for its efficiency, sturdy build, and quiet operation. This dehumidifier draws water from the air quickly even in rooms as large as 1000 square feet.
Read more on this dehumidifier here – Sunpentown SD-65E
More Dehumidifier Reviews
I will add more reviews on dehumidifiers to this blog as soon as I can. Hopefully they will help you find the best dehumidifier for your home. Thanks for reading my blog!